Govt hails WWF’s efforts in promoting environmentally-friendly farming

SIOMA District Commissioner Maurice Litula has appealed to the World-Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Zambia to help in sensitizing the communities around the district on how to live side by side with the animals.

The WWF Zambia team which is on a media tour in Western province has been sensitizing communities on a number of things including agriculture and conservation life.

But speaking when he welcomed the delegation in Sioma yesterday, DC Litula said the communities are looking forward to see the WWF going typically inside the areas where development has been lacking.

“We hope that your coming here will help sensitize our farmers in so many different things. Sentitize our communities on how to stay side by side with the animals. We have the biggest game management area in the country. And again we have the issue of conservation farming with our farmers, with the Ministry of agriculture,” Litula said.

“We are looking forward to also see the WWF go typically inside other areas where there is no such developments. You know communication is difficulty here, there are no radios but luckly enough government through ZICTA has started putting up some networks so that communication within our districts, our catchment areas will be easier.”

And Litula said the partnership between government and the WWF is a milestone to development in the district.

“You know communication also matters on the issues of agriculture, on issues of governance, health and everything. So to us, Sioma partnering with government and the WWF and other wings of development to us is a milestone, and we are happy,” said Litula.

(Picture by Afrodreams)

mmmm

Mwebantu Editor

7 comments

• Josphine

September 19, 2017 at 11:52 pm

who claimed by yourself can’t consume within the piazza no glass, however i’ve been undertaking it publically for the previous 4 weeks and absolutely not by itself.

• Apolonia

September 20, 2017 at 1:34 pm

I actually wanted to send a small comment in order to thank you for all the splendid recommendations you are writing on this website. My extensive internet research has now been paid with incredibly good know-how to write about with my close friends. I would mention that most of us website visitors actually are quite endowed to live in a decent network with so many special people with helpful secrets. I feel somewhat grateful to have come across the webpages and look forward to tons of more excellent minutes reading here. Thank you once again for all the details.

• Yong

September 20, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

• best coffee makers single serve

September 26, 2017 at 1:41 pm

There are certainly awesome improvements on the design of your blog, I truly love it. My own is dealing with espresso machine reviews and right now there are plenty of things to do, I am still a rookie in website development. Thanks!

• çizim ödevi yaptirmak

September 27, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Hi there! I just found this great site and I honestly enjoy it. I want to talk about homework organizer sometimes. Good to be here, thank you!

• kik for pc

September 28, 2017 at 1:58 pm

I was speaking to a friend of my own about this and also regarding kik messenger download as well. I do think you made a number of good points on this page, we’re also looking forward to find out more stuff from you.

• click to read

September 28, 2017 at 3:21 pm

I always read your articles attentively. I am furthermore focused on desktop computers for sale, perhaps you might discuss this at times. Cheers!

Comments are closed.

About us

Mwebantu is a Zambian daily online newspaper founded in 2012 by Chilambe Katuta, a Thomson Reuters Foundation Alumni. Thomson Reuters Foundation is the charitable arm of Thomson Reuters, the global news and information provider. The Mwebantu website was designed by Kasonde Mulenga a Web and Systems Developer from the University of Greenwich in London, England.

CONTACT US